Restore America’s Estuaries Impact Assessment
By: Restore America’s EstuariesRestore America’s Estuaries recently released a new report “Impact Assessment: Federal Coastal Habitat Investments Support People, Fish, and Wildlife” which highlights the cascading positive impacts that coastal habitat restoration has on job creation, tourism, fisheries production, recreation, and human health. Positive impacts are summarized through a series of 9 case studies across the coast including:
- Liberty Bay Oyster Restoration, WA
- San Diego Bay Salt Marsh Restoration, CA
- Bay Harbor, Galveston Bay Restoration, TX
- Mobile Bay Restoration, AL
- Hatteras Harbor Living Shoreline Restoration, NC
- Shoptalk River Oyster Reef Restoration, MD
- Delaware Bay Horseshoe Crab Beach Restoration, NJ
- Saw Mill River Daylighting in Yonkers, NY
- Stony Brook River Restoration, MA
In addition to the case studies, the report includes a comprehensive list of federal programs that can provide assistance and financial support for coastal habitat restoration.
Read the Full Details HERE.
Read the Full Report HERE.